Before I write about the fun adventures we had with Stefanie on her visit, I wanted to write about the yummy food we ate while she was here. Thursday night was some delicious Moose Stroganoff (made with ground moose that Grandma Connie shot). Friday lunch was one of the best lunches I have had. We made grilled cheese and tomato soup. Now what is so special about that you may ask? This was no ordinary grilled cheese. I had picked up some Dill Rye bread from the Orowheat outlet. We used that bread, spread some olive oil and then some balsamic vinegar on the bread. Mozzarella was the cheese of choice (mostly because I was out of muenster). Then grilled. Can I just say delicious? So good I made them again today but this time with both muenster and mozzarella. It's a fun twist on an old classic.
Friday and Saturday we ate out. Pizza on Friday because we were out and about late and Saturday we went to Hooters to watch the UFC fights. My first time ever going to Hooters and not all that impressed. I thought the outfits the girls wear are so ugly and way too tight that it makes them less flattering. I didn't try the wings but I certainly wasn't impressed with their Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. No flavor to the meat, like they expected the onions and peppers to carry the sandwich.
Sunday, we ate crock pot BBQ ribs and homemade rolls. They were fall off the bone good. Ellie enjoyed eating them as well. Monday night may have been another favorite meal. We chose to cook Salmon. This is fresh salmon that Jake brought back from Alaska. We prepared it 2 different ways. Part was covered in Ranch with dill and parsley and baked. The other part was basted with a Dijon mustard and brown sugar sauce and broiled. As sides, we had fresh asparagus cooked with butter, garlic salt and lemon pepper and butter and herb flavored rice. I can't believe how well it turned out. I would have thought we were eating in a restaurant, except that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was on in the background.
This really made me excited to try new meals. It was also fun to plan meals with someone and have their take on what we should eat, how it should be fixed, and what to make with it. Thanks Stef.
1 comment:
YAY!! I liked cooking to and helping. Don't know why I won't do it at home. But I started looking at some recipes that I want to try so maybe I will add the extra ingredients to the shopping list.
Post a Comment