You know those times in life when you all of the sudden become extremely grateful for the nice things in life, like dryers? I had one of those this past week. I think it was Monday or Tuesday when Jake informed me that the clothes dryer had given up the ghost. We ended up hanging socks that had just been washed. (FYI, if that's not something you're used to, socks hung to dry feel really weird.) I called our landlord's agent and informed her about our problem and she started working out the details to get us a dryer. She was told and in turn she told us, Home Depot would be delivering a new dryer on Friday. At first I was a little worried as Stef would be here and I didn't want the delivery interfering with any plans but there wasn't much we could do.
Thursday morning, I had just taken off Ellie's diaper so we could hop in the shower. We walked into the bathroom when Ellie stopped on the rug and peed. Really? The diaper hadn't been off more than 10 seconds. So we jump in the shower. After we were done and out, I set Ellie on the bed all wrapped in her towel and walked into her room to grab a diaper. When I enter my room again, she has wiggled out of the towel and is sitting on the bed. As I pull her over to put the diaper on, I notice a wet spot on the bed. She has peed again. It only went through the blanket and bed spread and not the sheets, so I only have to change out that stuff. Then I realize I have used the blankets on our bed that Stef was to use while sleeping here. Luckily there is almost never a shortage of blankets in Gledhill households.
Friday morning I receive a call from our landlord agent and she tells me Home Depot messed something up and somehow the order wasn't placed so the dryer wouldn't arrive until Tuesday. Over the weekend, we used almost all the blankets we had in the house between our bed and Stef's bed. Ellie finished off all her clothes, and Jake and I needed some wash done. The dryer arrived yesterday morning at about 10, the earliest they deliver, and I started the 5-6 loads of laundry to be washed; sheets, blankets, comforter, clothes, towels, etc. I really feel that's all I have been doing and it made me very grateful to have clothes dryers and to have one in our place. It would be miserable trying to find places to hang all that stuff and wait for it to dry.
1 comment:
Yowser, that stinks that the dryer was gone for so long! It sounds like the weekend was fun, though!
Post a Comment