I am trying to be good and clean up a few areas in the house that really need it. In this process I worked on shredding 6 months worth of credit card offers. So I don't have to shred as much, I pull out the general public information stuff and just recycle that and only shred the actual application/offer page. Even after doing all this I ended up with a paper bag squished full of shredded paper (the paper bag is so I can put it in our recycle bin). That's a lot of paper in my mind.
As I was sitting and shredding (not by hand, but an actual shredder machine), I noticed that several of the offers remind you to go green and sign up for paperless statements. Now I think I shredded at least 10 applications for a credit card that I already have and have paperless statements on. After receiving at least 6 applications weekly in the mail, and usually 2 per month for Jake and then 2 for me of the same applications, they want me to go paperless? Does anyone else see the irony in this?
If Discover, Chase, Citibank, and AMEX ever try to tell you they are going green, think about how many mailers you receive from them before agreeing with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment