With the weather turning nice out here and with Ellie and I both wanting to be out of the house more, I have started walking. On warmer days, we head out and walk around one of Denver's many wonderful parks with paths for walking, biking, jogging, etc. You name it. I love having all the paths. Ellie sits in the stroller and "woof-woofs" at all the dogs we pass, which is a surprisingly large amount. After we come home and I do some yoga that I record off the Discovery Fit and Health channel.
I have learned that if you are trying to exercise with a small child at home, do it while they are sleeping or otherwise incapacitated like sitting in the high chair eating. Ellie crawls underneath me while doing downward dog, climbs on my back folded in child's pose, sits on my legs while performing cat rolling, and sits on my face during the relaxation portion. Once or twice she has stood next to me and tried to mimic what I was doing. It is quite hilarious but very hard to complete the yoga sequence.
So far we have been quite diligent for the 2 1/2 weeks we have been working at this. On days that are a little too cold, I just try to do 2 bouts of yoga. Hopefully we can keep this up and add to it so I don't feel old once we manage to do physically active activities.
One day I might look at changing my diet so it is slightly healthier but right now I'm not too worried as I am pretty sure I eat more fruits and vegetables than most non-vegan/vegetarian Americans. I don't think my diet is too bad but I know it could use some tweaking.
1 comment:
Your diet is actually pretty good if you ask me, especially because you try to use fresh ingredients in everything which helps a lot. Not to mention a fruit or veggie with every meal. As for the bum in the face and mimicing, you remember when she would stand right in front of us while we played JUST DANCE?!? That should have been your first clue there. AND she is quite good at it.
Post a Comment