Just a few things that are going on around our house. Ellie is not only walking but running. She thinks she can jump but then again she also thinks she is a monkey because she climbs on anything and everything; diaper boxes, kitchen chairs, rocking chairs, Tupperware totes, etc. Sometimes she is successful and sometimes she isn't.
She is also starting to talk. Mostly its stuff that only parents understand because of how and when the word is used. She says "cheese" which means please, normally she is pointing to crackers or sippy cups. She says "yes" and shakes her head no. When she is getting in trouble and she doesn't want to be (usually because she has put her hand into the garbage after I threw something away), she will tell me "baa" for stopping her. One that is hard to decipher is "dow" which either means down or done. When it is time for bed, she tells us "nigh, nigh". Every other time she talks, she will just ramble any combination of what she thinks are words.
Something that drives me bonkers but Ellie loves to do is lick everything. I really mean everything, especially the oven when it is warm. She doesn't lick as much when she kisses anymore which is nice.
She loves the water, whether she is taking a bath or just standing in the shower with me while I shower. She also loves to dance and put on my clothes. This happens the most after we have finished showering.
No matter where I am or what I am doing, she wants to be in the immediate vicinity. She won't play in her room if I am in my room doing my hair or getting dressed. She won't play in the front room with her toys if I am in the kitchen. She has to stand close by and pretend to help; by walking away with the potatoes, putting her hand in the garbage can, or pulling all the saran wrap, tin foil, or sandwich bags out of their boxes.
But no matter she is doing or has done, she loves giving kisses and hugs and trying to cheese one of us into letting her continue with what she is doing. I love that little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment