Additional Information

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kids Fair and Bass Pro

As I was searching around for more things to do, I found out that there was a baby and kids fair taking place over the weekend. After a little more searching I found some discount coupons so I thought is would be nice to go walk around and look for deals. I have found you can buy stuff at better deals than they sell at their online stores so if you luck out things work out great.

The fair was a lot smaller than I expected. I guessed it would be big like most of the ones in Utah. This was tiny, like the chocolate show I went to a while back. It had great potential. There was a small petting zoo and mini horse rides. My only problem was that you paid to enter and then they wanted an extra $2 a person to enter the petting zoo and $5 a ride for the horses. Sorry Ellie, maybe next time. Oddly enough, DirecTV was there so we were able to negotiate some contract/pricing changes. We were also able to collect a little information about health care and daycare as we may be looking into both these areas in the near future. Needless to say, it was a complete waste.

Since we were out in the area, we decided to head to Bass Pro Shops. If you know anything about the Watterson family, you understand that trips to Bass Pro and Cabelas are big deals. In addition to looking for those items you didn't know about before but after seeing them you can't live without them, we also spend time walking around looking at the decor (mounted items and fish tanks).

Ellie, my little shopper, didn't mind as she loves shopping.

Can I help push the cart?

What? I didn't do anything. I'm just pushing.
I liked being out to see about a new shopping center to see if there were interesting looking shops or possible future restaurants to try out. Driving around some of these areas I'm not sure if Denver is a big city, a growing city, or a blimp in the middle of nowhere. 

No comments: