I think too many times in life we are in a hurry to do whatever it is that we are doing right then that we fail to enjoy those little moments and the fun experiences around us. I have been lucky enough since moving out here to be able to slow down a bit and watch for these times. Although I am sure there are plenty I have missed.
What brought this thought about has been two similar experiences I have had recently.
I have always considered myself a fairly observant person. A couple of weeks ago while Ellie and I were out shopping/walking around, I noticed a goose that had nested in a planter box. Someone else had noticed as well because there was food and water in the planter near the goose but you could walk right up to the edge of the box and that goose wouldn't budge for anything. Then earlier this week, Ellie and I were at the grocery store and underneath one of the plant display trellises out front was a mallard. He was just chillin' there.
With both these experiences, I noticed several people walk by and never look at the animals. They really could have seen them but decided not to stop or look. I do realize I am a nerd and easily distracted by this type of stuff but I also feel seeing these things is relaxing, almost a step away from the world and the challenges in life. I think more people should take the 15 seconds to stop and enjoy the wonderful creations around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment