Today has just been one of those days when you just want to look up and say "Really?". It started out just fine. Ellie woke up a little early but sat quietly on our bed and looked at books for about 30 minutes so I could be lazy. We headed downstairs for some "mi mou" (Mickey Mouse) before eating breakfast. Ellie decided she wanted Corn Chex instead of Fruit Loops in her cereal bowl. After eating, I was sitting on the couch and must have dozed off because the next thing I know, Jake is telling Ellie to stop that and leave it alone. When I asked what, he said she had pulled like 5-6 wipes out of the container. (She likes to wipe her face off then wipe anyone else's face before trying to wipe down the couches, chairs, tables, etc and then throwing them away.) Apparently since Jake caught her, she just went straight to the garbage with them. So I head over to check it out. There were close to 30 unused wipes sitting at the bottom of the new garbage bag.
Ellie has been trying to potty train herself for a while now. Every few days over the past couple of weeks, she would grab herself and talk like she was worried about messing her diaper but that has been about it. Within the last week or so, she will actually walk into the bathroom and pat the toilet seat like she wanted to sit down. Of course, by the time we are in the bathroom, she has already peed in the diaper. I decided to let her sit on the toilet to see if it helped her understand. The first time I sat her on the toilet, she screamed. The next time she was on and off in less than 2 seconds. Yesterday she sat on the toilet 3 times after peeing in her diaper but she would sit for 5-10 seconds.
This morning as we were jumping in the shower, I asked if she wanted to sit on the toilet and try to pee. So she sits down but I wasn't expecting much when I hear little splashes. Ellie starts to smile one of her biggest smiles at me. I couldn't believe it. She actually peed in the toilet at 19 months! I started to think maybe we should try to find a potty chair and buy some pull ups so she can work on it more. Then after the shower before a diaper is put on, she peed on the floor. Really?
1 comment:
Hey once is good enough right now. Your just not quick enough to cover her bare bum up. That is awesome that she used the toilet. Braden the other day was grabbing himself saying "mommy change." Well she changed him, then 2 minutes later blew out the diaper. She was surprised I didn't hear it with how loud it was, but oh man, it burned my eyes. Annie said his tummy had been hurting him, so I asked him if he felt better..."yesh" haha it was awesome.
I had to air out the house forever after they left.
Post a Comment