Easter this year was quiet compared to what it could have been. We originally didn't have any plans except for the past few years some of the families in our ward had their own egg hunt. So we filled some eggs, dropped them off to one of the families, and the next day some of the men folk hide the eggs. There were about 10 families participating. After the kids played at the playground and a potluck lunch was available.
At first Ellie didn't understand what to do with the eggs. She would pick them up and try to hand them to Jake or I. Once we showed her to place them in her basket, she was all over it.
 |
| Here's an egg in this tree. |
 |
| I found some eggs. |
It was quite fun. Later that night, Jake and I made a different kind of Easter egg.
 |
| First make rice crispy treats. |
 |
| Make sure you wash the eggs first. And don't forget the jelly beans in the middle. |
 |
| You have rice crispy Easter eggs filled with jelly beans. |
Easter morning we didn't do anything special. We had been fairly busy the day before and I didn't want to worry about coloring eggs so we didn't. I didn't even make a special breakfast. We did have a small basket and some toys for Ellie.
 |
| She didn't want to stand since I was crouched. |
 |
| Seriously, look at that cheese! |
Toys R Us had a sale of buy one, get on free on Fisher Price toys. So we cashed in a gift cert that Ellie got for her birthday and she was able to receive a shopping cart and a little people Noah's Ark. So far, great purchases.
 |
| What a cutie! |
We did buy a ham (courtesy of WASCO and a Christmas gift cert) and had a traditional Easter meal with homemade rolls and everything. Now we have ham galore because 3 people just don't eat 9.5 pounds of ham.
And although we weren't able to read through the story, I did make an Easter Egg story of my very own. This is the scripture story of the Atonement and Resurrection of Christ broken into 12 parts, placed in plastic eggs with small tokens of the story in the egg as well. I can't decide if I want to make a second set with a Book of Mormon story or a kids version (not using direct scripture quotes).
I love Easter and have decided to make it more about Christ, even in decorations. Hobby Lobby had a Resurrection scene (like a nativity) and I would like to have pictures to put up dealing with Easter and its true meaning. Most of that will have to wait until after law school though. I hope that we all can remember the gifts we received on account that Easter happened so many years ago.
1 comment:
She has a cute cheeser smile! And let me say... both my kids have LOVED having a shopping cart in the house. When they're both pushing toys around they both want it... no one wants the stroller... which is too bad, it's a way cute stroller.
Post a Comment