Additional Information

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Black Friday (Duh, duh, dun)

As some of you know, I don't go out shopping the morning after Thanksgiving (so affectionately known as Black Friday).  I don't care how much potential money you can save. That is because for 5 years of my life, I worked the morning shift of every day after Thanksgiving. Three of those times, I was a manager. Because of some of my experiences, I have a great hatred for that day and the things people do in order to buy gifts I am positive they really don't need or their kids don't need. (I won't get on my soapbox about Holiday shopping and how it really seems to take away my Christmas spirit or how crappy customer service seems to be lately.)

In the past year or 2, I have started going out in the afternoon to do shopping on Black Friday.  Some places still have decent deals going on.  After Ellie's morning nap, we took off for the valley again to meet up with Annie, Stef and Jeff.  Luckily my favorite kids clothing store was having an additional 25% off sale that day. After shopping for 2-3 hours, Ellie was becoming a little bored.

Jeff was watching her while I was looking around the store.  He blocked her in the display window and let her enjoy herself.  This is what I saw.

This is Ellie trying to do ballet.

After a while she was just plum tired. We left shortly after this. I stopped and bought her chicken nuggets from Chic-a-fila (which she loves). She ate 5 of the nuggets, half a kids french fry, and drank half the lemonade. I guess she was hungry too.

When we got home, she did one of her favorite things; chased the family pet around.  Unfortunately she found Tippy (yes, the male cat's name is Tippy Coconut) in the bath tub. She pinned him there for a few minutes trying to pet him.

Thanks for being such a good cat Tippy.

3 comments:

Dev and Calee said...

I LOVE HER SO STINKIN MUCH!!!

rozanny said...

I love watching little ones trying to pet animals... my youngest always picks them up by the fur first... ouch!

Kristine Watterson said...

I hate that cat, no matter what his name is. I'm gonna poison that sucker some day, he he he (that is a sinister laugh) And on a less morbid note, Ellie is one cute chiquita!