Additional Information

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Activities

I guess I just figured since I had posted so much in the past little bit that I would give everyone a break.  Actually, we have been in Utah visiting family for the holidays. We left Colorado just before the big storms. For the week of Thanksgiving, we stayed at Jake's parent's house.  Marc, Cassie, and Becca live in the basement so Ellie had a cousin to play with at the house.
After a spaghetti dinner, the girls needed to be cleaned. (Isn't this classic? Who doesn't have a picture like this?)
 Ellie kept splashing Becca, which she didn't like very much.
 One night we went and played at Kristine's house while Daddy and Rob were working in Idaho.  Ellie loved hanging with her cousins.

Later that week, we were back playing at Rob and Kristine's. They have hard wood floors and Ellie figured out that she could slide every where on her stomach. So Uncle Rob tried something else.

We went to Grandma Wendy and Poppy DeVon's for dinner and Ellie enjoyed some ice cream for dessert.

 Braden is learning to use utensils while feeding himself. He really liked dessert too.

Thanksgiving was a fun, but busy day. Our first stop was the Watterson Dinner.  Luckily Mother Nature allowed the snow to stay off for a bit so the drive down the canyon and down to Alpine wasn't bad. Ellie enjoyed some delicious turkey dinner and then wanted to run around with the rest of the kids. Unfortunately the house we were at wasn't Ellie proof so she helped Grandma Connie clean the beaters after making whipped cream.
 She wasn't sure about it at first, but as you can see she really enjoyed them after giving the cream a sample.

Can I have some more?

Next we drove up to the Jensen dinner at my Uncle Russ's house. There weren't as many people there as in the past. Although this was a little odd, it was nice in one way.  The house was about 70% quieter.

After stuffing ourselves again (including Ellie which I found out later that she had eaten another meal at Uncle Russ's place), we took off back to Wanship. I feel that it was a very successful Thanksgiving.

This one was especially nice since we weren't sure at first if we would be making it back from Denver since Jake's finals weren't until after Thanksgiving. I am extremely thankful for larger families who are close and have a good time together. I always feel like I can eat extra at Thanksgiving because we always spend so much time laughing when we all get together. We have such a good time and hear such great stories from family we don't get to see that often.

This year we gave thanks for snow (sometimes anything wet in Utah is a good thing). I have also been grateful for all the blessings Jake and I have received in our move and while living in Denver.




1 comment:

Kristine Watterson said...

Yeah for family time! Thanksgiving was so nice, love all the pictures...I will email you the ones with your fam in them :)