Since I feel I am always trying to catch up, I will post both of these together. My family went to the Dickens festival this year. It was the first time it back in Salt Lake for a few years. It was a little different than I remember from a kid but I am sure all memories are. They still had Father Christmas and the candle dipping but most of the booths were the normal crafts and such that you find at every other expo or boutique. It was smaller than I remember too. I guess that's what happens when you are trying to start something back up.
This guy was way cool. He was one of those living statues of Jacob Marley (from Christmas Carol). At first it was hard to tell if he was real or just a mechanical statue.
Later that week was the Watterson Family Christmas Party. This year it was at the Golden Corral. As a gift to Grandma Nita Watterson (Jake's grandmother), they ask that everyone scrapbook a page with pictures or things for grandma to remember each family. This is how our page turned out.
Ellie loved all the food options but ate the best only after Becca started eating off Ellie's plate. They really are quite the pair. Ellie teased Uncle Justin and Uncle Rob. She tries to play with them when they aren't looking but then hides when they try to play with her. Its fun to come together with extended family and chat. That's how I grew up and I love being with cousins, no matter how long it has been. We always seem to talk very loud and have a good time. It also might just be because family is a big part of the season.



1 comment:
Holy cow I am behind on your blog! It is so nice to see what you've been up to. It looks like you've been having lots o fun!
Post a Comment