Additional Information

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We take a break from California to bring you Halloween!

Happy Halloween! I know its a little late.  I am only a little behind. Don't worry, I'll finish the California trip after this brief break.

 Ellie helped in cleaning out her own pumpkin. I carved it for her. I think she had a good time.
 Of course she did.  She even tested some of it. Apparently raw pumpkin isn't that good because she only gave it one try.
This is the finished product of our carving.  Jake is the master of the knife. I just wish he wouldn't scrap the pumpkin to be only a quarter inch thick.
 To save the pumpkins from wilting, I placed them on the kitchen porch.  Come to find out, squirrels love raw pumpkin. Oddly enough, they have only eaten Ellie's.

Since Ellie is only one, we figured she didn't need to go trick or treating for candy she can't even eat so we bought tickets to the U of U v. Air Force game, played down in Colorado Springs.  We left for the game as soon as Jake was ready after arriving home from a scout camp out so we could explore a little down there. We drove to the Garden of the Gods park.
 It was interesting to see the red rock walls.  One of the most interesting parts was that most of the rocks were free standing rocks, like goblin valley or Arches.
 This is one side of Balanced Rack.
 The road you drive on to reach Balanced Rock splits this side from the other, so in order to protect the road and the monument, the base of the rock (on both sides) have cement placed at the bases which was painted red to match the rock. You can only notice if you look close.
 Next we were off to the stadium.  It was great weather for the game. The drive into Falcon Stadium is interesting because you are driving onto a military base.  They have you just drive through the security gates, were in order to keep speeding down they don't have speed bumps but speed weaves.  The road swerves back and forth with curbs on the side. The "parking lots" are just open fields were they let people park.
 We had great seats.  The wall we are sitting on in the picture was half a row in front of us, meaning the row in front of us ended in front of me but there wasn't a row in front of Jake. Ellie seemed to enjoy the game.  She was good and quiet even though she didn't have a good nap that day.

It did cool down towards the end of the evening.  Ellie wasn't too sure about her hat at first but she wore it.  This is us waiting to give high fives to the team after the Utes managed to stay ahead of Air Force to win it.

On Halloween, which was Sunday, we didn't have any trick or treaters at our place.  There were quite a few trunk or treats between all the church denominations around us, so we just enjoyed a quiet night together. I doubt I will be able to say the next thing about next year.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Go Utes! My brother drove down to the game too. So glad they were able to hang on.