Back to our California Trip (now that it has been almost a month since we were there). Of course we had to go back to Disneyland, especially because we didn't go to California Adventure the first day. Here's the entire group before we went into the park.
Here's a picture of 2 stick bugs. They can look so life like sometimes.
Here's Ellie and Grandma Wendy. That button on Ellie's shirt is a birthday button. Everyone who saw it wished her a happy birthday. I am sure it would have been more fun if she really understood what a birthday was.
We went over to ride the roller coast (I think its called screamer or something). Macy loved that ride and wanted to ride it twice. After we rode the Toys Story 3D ride. It is a shooting one like the Buss lightyear ride but this is in 3D and they are carnival games. Ellie seemed to enjoy even though they didn't have 3D glasses that would stay on her face.
Here's Calee and Ellie waiting to board the ride. After this ride and some lunch Ellie and Braden were a little tired (imagine that). So Jeff and I walked them around the bridges and such trying to help them fall asleep while everyone else decided to get wet on the river rafts.
There's half the group: you can see Macy, Grandma Bonnie, Grandma Wendy, Stef, and Kelsey. I think my dad has his back to us.
This one has Calee, her husband Devin, Annie and Brian. I always love the people that wear ponchos because I have never really thought of these rides as something to do just for fun. I only tend to ride them if I want to get wet.
Here's a better picture of Ellie's button while she grabs at the camera.
Here's us on Thunder Mountain. I like this ride. We were using the switch rider passes so 2 people for each pass/per kid were supposed to use the fast pass line.
Somehow the employees were afraid to say something or just didn't care but 5 got on the ride. Kelsey who doesn't quite enjoy roller coasters that much rode this one twice.
Like I said, we kinda of split up. Calee and Devin weren't there the first day so they went with my mom, grandma, and Jeff to ride some of those rides again while Annie, Brian, my dad and Stef took the smaller kids to ride stuff for them. I think they waited an hour and a half to ride Space Mountain.
We stopped for jackets and so Kelsey could get some mouse ears. While we were waiting to have the hat embroidered, Mickey walked past all dressed up in his halloween costume and by the time I realized he was coming out not going away, I was too late. The line to see him had grown to 30 plus people and we were crunched for time (trying not to become stuck because of a parade). I was sad. I didn't have a picture for Ellie to remember her first visit to Disneyland.
We rode Storybook land and It's a Small World (which I haven't ridden in years and both of which have had updates) and a few other rides. Then off to Toon Town. Somewhere in the middle of it all, I received a few phone calls from family and friends to sing happy birthday to Ellie. She would just giggle as she loves talking on the phone.
It was getting late so I changed Ellie's diaper and put her in pajama's hoping she would fall asleep soon. Half of Toon Town was shut down for maintenance or whatever but we were able to go into Goofy's house, Minnie's house and a few others.
The front gate had said that Mickey's house was closed and there was fencing all around but the door was open. So we went in and through his house. At the end was, for me that day, a blessing and grand surprise. With no line, we were escorted in to see Mickey.
Ellie was so excited. I was a little worried about how she would react but to her he was a giant animal and she loves animals. As we approached Mickey, she just giggled. I told him it was her 1st birthday today. He acted so excited for her and the girl taking the official pictures actually snapped 4-5 for us. As it was our turn to leave, Mickey waved and I told Ellie to blow him a kiss. Well she was close enough that she just leaned over and kissed his nose. (Sorry no picture). It was so cute and Mickey acted all shy about it. Everyone in the room oohed and aahed at it.
We stayed at in the park until close and it was about then most of us realized with the exception of Ellie and Braden, we rode so hard we didn't really eat dinner and just snacked. It was a great time and I can't wait to go back when Ellie is older and when Jake can come with us.









1 comment:
Tell Brian to get some sun! Seriously, who does he think he is? Edward? :)
Post a Comment