Additional Information

Friday, October 25, 2013

Healing Field and Dirty Dash

I love the Healing Field. It really keeps things in perspective. I was able to go twice in one day. In the afternoon, I went with the kids and family. Later that night, I went with the Young Women of our ward. 


While there with the Young Women, I realized that the girls who had just turned 12 to come into the program, were only just born when 9/11 took place. To most of them, what happened is just another story in a history lesson. We were able to converse a bit about how grateful we were for those who provide service to protect us, past or present; fire fighters, police officers, service members in any branch of the armed force. Then we talked about our duty to protect our rights and how we do that by studying, researching and voting; being involved. It was great.

Then there's Jake and his obstacle races; his new passion. Another Dirty Dash with his family. It had been raining a few days before and that morning. Someone had ordered extra mud. The obstacles where even better this time.



Being cute waiting for dad to run by.

We love umbrellas.

Yea Daddy. 
He finished in good time. Even some of his younger nieces and nephew ran this time. I think this is becoming a new family tradition.

No comments: