So here I am, another year older.
Jake took Ellie shopping the night before. It was nice for me because it gave me some time to myself and it sounds as though Ellie and Jake had a good time shopping together as well. I think this was the first time Jake had taken Ellie out by himself. When they got home, I heard Jake whispering to Ellie that she had to not tell mommy what they bought because it was a secret and a surprise. So all while she was getting ready for bed, she did great. Then as I was walking her up to bed, she starts to say how she went shopping with Daddy and bought stuff for mommy (we hear a hey from daddy downstairs). She then told me it was a surprise and she couldn't tell me. What a good girl.
The next day Ellie helped Jake wrap presents at which point he asked her to bring him the bag with presents, so she carried them upstairs to me. Ha ha. Then because she is so helpful, Jake had her spend the rest of the time upstairs with me searching for ribbon he didn't really need.
After a wonderful dinner made by Jake, I finally opened the presents. It was a sewing machine and fabric to make baby "sista" a blanket. For those of you doubters, yes I am thrilled about having a sewing machine.
So I went to using it and made a blanket for "sista" and a hoodie towel. Sadly, that's about all I remember about using a sewing machine. I am excited to learn how to do things again and try to be crafty.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment