Additional Information

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Festivities

Our Easter weekend was packed. A bunch of families from the ward get together and have an egg hunt at one of the local parks. Ellie was so excited.
Heading off to find eggs.

Since daddy helped hide eggs, he helped Ellie collect the "good ones"

Ellie with her booty.
She loved finding the eggs. Some had candy, some had stickers, some even had temporary tattoos. (Side story: She wanted to put on one of the "stickers" aka tattoos so I asked which one she wanted and where she wanted it. She told me the princess one on her shoulder. Since she had a shirt on, I just placed it on her upper arm. Once it was on and she realized it didn't peel off like a sticker, she started to cry. I just laughed while cleaning it off. Jake called me mean for laughing at her heart ache. I guess it just made me happy that the idea of a semi-permanent mark on her body bothered her.)

Later that night we had a ward party. It was a pot-luck dinner. They also had crafts for the kids; using paper plates and bowls to make either bonnets or baskets, decorated with flowers, feathers, and stickers.

I don't know how this happened but there were balloons on the ceiling and some of the men convinced the young man to be apart of their cheerleader pyramid.

We came home from the party with enough time to decorate eggs. Jake and I did most of the dying while Ellie used crayons and stickers.


Sunday after church, we took a few cute pictures of her.



After naps, she had a basket waiting.
She was really excited about the chapstick and nail polish in the basket.
Then another egg hunt for the decorated eggs. Only a few were hidden as we wanted to mitigate broken egg loss.

To end the day, we enjoyed a wonderful Easter dinner with the Watterson's of Colorado. They even had some eggs hidden for the kids to find. It was so nice to feel at home with family even though we live away from family.


Hopefully one day we will be able to spend a little more time talking about the real reason for Easter, but I am sure that is the dilemma for most parents with young kids.

No comments: