![]() |
| Notice the house 3rd up from the bottom. Almost the entire thing is lifted on beams. You have got to be desperate to build a house like that. |
![]() |
| I was curious about the Cider Cherry (other stores sold Cherry Cider) but I wasn't sure about the Elk Nuts. |
![]() |
| For Uncle Jon and family (sorry about the behind in the pic) |
After looking at the Clan tents, I suggested to Jake that his family set up or find their clan info. Although Watterson's aren't Scottish, they are from the British Isles (the Isle of Mann) which shares similar histories.
We walked through some vendor tents and not a single place carried on hand the Manx tartan (or whatever the family line name is). We could have paid or even ordered a kilt but it would have been close to $1K and right now, we don't have that kind of cash flow.
The food area smelled delicious. Some places had your typical fair food (deep-fried anything) while others strived for a Scottish/Medieval feel. After Ellie played on the giant playground, so Jake could watch Scottish games, and after grabbing food we headed over to the rodeo/jousting arena. Yes, they had live jousting and it was awesome.
![]() |
| Real-ish Jousting |
To finish off the day, we stopped by the bag-pipe contest area. Although they were loud, Ellie really enjoyed the music.
![]() |
| The Utes played later that day, hence the red outfits. |





3 comments:
I love her dancing!! She is so great at it. I would like to go to those type of festivals, but I never pay that much attention to when they start here and always miss them :(
What a cute stinker. I love the way she keeps her feet together and never moves them.
Wait, I re-watched it and she had her feet going at the beginning and then at the end they didn't move.
Post a Comment