Additional Information

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another Trip to Utah (Red Butte Gardens and Hogle Zoo)

Obviously, we aren't much of home bodies. After heading back to Salt Lake, we spent some time around the valley. We helped Annie bottle pear sauce while Ellie and Braden pretend fought until they decided to become friends. Then later that night, we went to Red Butte Gardens. I hadn't been there in years, since I first started college. It is very beautiful and open. The kids loved running from garden spot to garden spot. We had to tell the to stop or slow down several times because we were missing half the flowers. 
Cheesy cousins.

Feeding the fish.

Look at all of them. Watch out for the ducks.
One thing I didn't know is that the Children's Garden has a water part. You can't keep kids who love water out of it. Sadly, this was one of our last stops and it was growing cold and late.

This is how 2 year olds don't play in the water.


The Children's Garden was very cool looking and fun. It kinda reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. You can actually walk into the snake's mouth and wander around under the cover of plants.


This is the flower bed.

A flower paint palette.

This tree created a hut so Macy held school inside.
I had such a good time. Ellie was so cold and wet by the time we were leaving that we just took off her clothes. Luckily dinner was close to Annie's place and she needed to stop by to pick up clothes for Braden so we borrowed some of Braden's clothes for the evening.

The next morning, Ellie and I met Grandma Connie, Cassie and Becca at the zoo.

Feeding the birds.
 I don't know if the girls were more excited to be at the zoo or to be hanging out together. They tried to clean us out of quarters feeding the ducks. 
Becca and Ellie inside an egg.
Then we almost couldn't get them off the play ground to go see the animals. Of course we had to climb on every rock, hang on every rope, and jump on anything we walked past.

Climbing on rocks.
 
Sitting on the Lions.
 I thought we were going to have some drama at the Merry-go-round because if you asked Ellie what animal she wanted to ride, she would say the Elephant. Then when you asked Becca, she responded the same. Unfortunately there was one little boy in front of us in line and guess which animal he wanted to ride on?

Riding the Merry-go-round.
 
Some little monkeys.

Riding the train.
Grandma's Girls.
They have been doing a lot to improve the zoo. I think the new bear/Rocky Mtn exhibit will be super nice. We all had such a great time and the timing worked out just great. We arrived early and just finished up with everything a little after nap time. Yes, Cassie and I were there. We just spent our time behind the cameras.
 
Saw this in the gift shop and who doesn't need Ellie Pooh paper.
Sometimes it's hard living away from family but also I think it makes visiting a lot more fun. Thanks to all our family for such a great time. One of these trips we'll try to make long enough to fit friends in as well.

No comments: