Additional Information

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ellie's birthday present

Have you ever felt bad about gifts you gave your kids because it was something you wanted them to have more than they wanted or they were right there when you bought it so they knew about it before opening the gift? I kind of felt this way with Ellie because she was with me for all her gifts but one. That one gift was more for showing grandma's and grandpa's our surprise. 
One of Ellie's presents had the ultrasound pictures in it.
So when she opened the gift, she would pull out the pictures. Then someone would ask what it was (because sometimes its hard to see via Skype) and she would answer, "It's the baby."

Of course, she had known before (although I don't think she really understand what a baby entails, yet) as Jake had been trying to teach her to tell people there is a baby in mommy's tummy. She would then point and say there was one in her's as well.

I'm hoping this book from the library helps but I am pretty sure she may not fully understand until the baby actually comes home.
Answers to the typical questions - the estimated due date is April 23rd, I am 15 weeks along, yes we plan on finding out the sex sometime during fall finals week, no the estimated due date is a few days before classes let out for a week and a half of readings day before spring finals. I think that about covers it.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hi Emily!

We are sooo excited for you guys! Congratulations!!!! We miss you guys terribly! Hope to see you guys soon! We miss having our friends!

-Vanessa-

rozanny said...

Yay Congrats! New babies are the best!

Amy said...

Congratulations!!

Tracey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Oh man, having to is CRAZY!...but awesome! :):) Excited to find out what you're having...if you're going to find out that is! :)

Tracey said...

Oh, and SO glad you guys are okay from your accident! SOO crazy!! I sure hope you never have to experience rolling a car ever again!...I think you've had your share.