Additional Information

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crochet

I don't know why but since moving to Denver I have definitely become more crafty or at least more willing to try new crafts or finish projects. Maybe it's the whole stay at home thing or just that fact that I don't have work or school or a husband to take up my time.

I have found I can accomplish quite a bit while Ellie naps or while Jake is studying or playing video games.

I learned to hemstitch crochet around items from my mom. (That is a whole other story because I write left handed so she tried to teach me to crochet left handed even though she is right handed but I ended up crocheting right handed.) So I took things a step further and bought a cheap book with instructions for other crocheted items. Here is my work.
Baby blanket, hat, and scarf.
If anyone wants to say how impressed they are, you won't be so inclined after this little revelation. I completely messed up the blanket so bad my first attempt that as I finished the first ball of yarn, I just started over again from the other side unraveling and redoing the entire thing. It looks good now but that was a lot of wasted time the first go around.

1 comment:

EY Thrift Store said...

I'm very impressed, even if you did start over :)