Additional Information

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Trip to Utah (Jeff's Graduation)

Jake flew out early Tuesday morning. I think I remember walking up around 5:30 to drive him to the airport just to arrive home in time to lay down and have Ellie wake up. We just hung around the house for most of the day. In the afternoon, Annie and I went out shopping for a bit without kids. Thanks Mom. We had to hurry home so Annie could pick up her kids from dance (thanks Dad for dropping them off) and so we could get ready for Jeff's high school graduation.

We hurry and helped my mom finish up some candy lei's for him and took off for the now Maverick Center. I have attended all my younger siblings graduations (my older sister's graduation was at the high school, back when they did that, and there was limited seating). The ceremonies were ridiculously long. I am pretty sure my college graduation was shorter.

Sorry about the poor quality of some of the photos.  Ellie had changed a setting on my camera and I didn't realize it but couldn't figure out why it wouldn't focus. I eventually figured it out and changed it back.

Jeff is the one closest to the camera.
 
Which one is Jeff? The one with the awesome, bright green bow tie.
He actually graduated and all of us couldn't be more proud and surprised. It's not that he isn't a smart kid. He just didn't like to turn in homework after he did it so at midterms and such he often had low grades. He'd then turn in all his homework and have good grades for the record.

Congrats Jeff. We are very proud of you.

Hats off to the Grads.
Sad side note: According to attendance records, there were about 20-30 more males students registered at the school. But if you notice from the picture above, there are about 2-3 extra rows of girls at the back. That means roughly 50 more girls graduated than boys. Also, Hillcrest is dropping to 4-A. The reason; there were around 370 seniors graduating. My graduating class in '99 was 747.
Jeff with his good bud.
 Amazingly, the kids did ok during the long ceremonies. I did take Ellie out once. The two rough points; I dropped my cell phone and the screen cracked so I am back to an old phone and Braden was running around the halls and turned quickly to run from Brian. He hit the wall pretty hard and split his eyebrow open.

Look at this cool swing.
After we went to eat at Cheesecake Factory. (The wait at Olive Garden would have been an hour.) Everyone was starved because graduation started at 6 and it was almost 8:30-9:00. The kids had only snacked before and during. As you can tell, even for being late, they were in good spirits. 
Ellie was in such good spirits (my guess is sleep drunk) that she gave everyone kisses without bribes. She actually suggested giving Devin and Brian kisses first before anyone else.

Again, congrats Jeff and good luck on your future endeavours.

No comments: