Additional Information

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

To eat or not to eat

Yesterday was one of those days when I truly understood why some animals eat their young. The day started out OK. Ellie actually ate almost 2 whole pancakes. After eating she started playing and then throwing tantrums.  Her new thing is climbing on everything. Recently she has figured out how to climb into her jumpy toy. Once she is in there, she starts crying to be taken out.

Love this face.
Here is the video of her climbing in. Listen for the crying after. She really hated that I just recorded this and didn't help her out.


She tried to hit me twice after taking away some of daddy's things that she wasn't supposed to play with. I decided I was tired of it so I put her in her crib and she fell asleep. I figured she was just sleepy from trying to get rid of one nap.

After the nap, we ate lunch. First thing she did was dump her noodles down the front of her. Normally that is something she does once she is done eating and no one listens to her pleas to be taken out of her chair. After a little eating, she was out playing and managed to climb on the tucked in chairs around the table. She likes climbing on the kitchen table.

She was fussing because she couldn't get up or down, so mom takes the picture.
Sometime during the rest of the day she took another nap (because mom just wanted her away for a bit), pulled the lid off a highlighter and drew on her mouth, climbed into the Tupperware cupboard and emptied it, reached onto the counter (which I didn't know she could do) and pulled raw chicken off and onto the newly cleaned floor, threw dinner onto the ground, hit me at least once more, and threw a few more tantrums for crackers, drinks or whatever.

Even with all that, she still wanted me to put her to bed that night and cuddled with me while drinking her night bottle. I guess that's why humans don't eat there children. I am just hoping this isn't an early start to the terrible 2s. She still makes me laugh.

Ellie in her moo-moo a goo-goo after a bath.
 
Ellie sitting in the cupboard, emptying the Tupperware. Yes, this makes me laugh...sometimes.

1 comment:

rozanny said...

I understand... sometimes I want to bite off their heads! Don't worry... most kids hit this stage about 18 months... outgrow it... then don't come back to it until they're 2 1/2 or 3... The second time there are fewer messes... but there are still the tantrums...