It's weird some of the thoughts you have as a parent towards a child. The other night, I couldn't help but think of what an awesome little girl we have. Now I know that isn't a bad thing, but let me explain the situation.
Ellie goes to bed around 8:00 pm. Last Wednesday or Thursday we put her down like normal. She wasn't fussy or any trouble; just simply jama's on, teeth brushed, prayers said, lay her down, and she's out. We didn't hear a noise from her. About 11 when Jake and I were heading to bed, I stopped by her room to add an extra blanket (we turn the thermostat down at night). As I walked in, I knew something was wrong by the smell. I called down to Jake because Ellie had thrown up. The best/worst part was she was still asleep. So Jake woke her up and went to go bathe her. I proceed to clean the crib and throw all the sheets and blankets into the washers. Once she was all clean (now about 11:30), we bundled her up minus the pink blankie, and brought her into our bed. She rolled around a bit so I just picked her up and put her into her own bed, freshly cleaned with Clorox wipes and new sheets plus a little Febreze sprayed in the room. She laid right down and went back to sleep. We didn't hear from her again until morning. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?
But as a parent that feeling wears off quick enough once they've pulled a dirty diaper from the garbage or ripped pages from a book or when they continue to climb into a jump toy just to cry to be taken out again.
2 comments:
Amen... that's all I have to say about that!
WOW! Take that as a little miracle! No way that would have been the case with Alexis...there would have been crying, lots of crying..if she would have thrown up!
Post a Comment