Additional Information

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Time to Potty Train!?!?!?!

Those of you who are parents will understand this story and my question as to when you should potty train.

The other night Ellie had about 2 glasses of juice with dinner, she played for a bit, we changed her diaper and put her in pajamas, and gave her a bottle of milk. About half way through the night she started whimpering. I got up once and checked to make sure the blankets were still on top of her and that she wasn't too cold. Finally after Jake woke up and left for work, Ellie was still whimpering so I picked her up to bring her into our bed. As I picked her up, I noticed that she was soaked through from her knees to her chest she had wet that much in her diaper.

I stripped all the blankets off her bed, took her clothes off, changed her diaper and wiped her down.  We then went back to bed cause it was still around 6:30.

After breakfast that morning, I jumped into the shower with Ellie. We had finished up, I had dried her off and was in the process of drying myself off when I hear the sound of dripping. I look up to see Ellie peeing on the tile floor in the bathroom. (Thank you Ellie for peeing on the tile and not on the bathroom rug or on the carpet.) So I grab her and put her in the bath tub again to wash the piddle off her legs. I decide to just let her sit in there while I brush my hair before heading to put clothes on.

Next thing I hear is Ellie grunting away. Yes you guessed it. She then proceeded to poop in the tub (no water). I grab the diaper I had pulled off before the shower and use it to clean up her mess and then I washed her again. As I finish, she does it again and then a third time. Finally I have everything cleaned up (including the tub with bathroom cleaner) and we are able to get dressed.

I thought to myself "if she were only potty trained." But then I realized she doesn't talk a lot yet and I am not sure how much good it would do. Kids, seriously, who thought they were a good idea?

Don't worry, I laughed the whole time this was happening and thinking "only me."

1 comment:

rozanny said...

sit her on the potty, and she how she reacts. If she screams, she's not ready. If she doesn't, maybe she is...