For months I looked for good looking Else and Anna costumes for the girls. Ones that they could continue to dress up in after Halloween was over. I found an Anna one but it was Ellie's size not Sammi's. Then about 2 weeks before Halloween, Ellie tells me she doesn't want to be Elsa. She wants to be a mummy. (Apparently while playing with her friend Hazel, they pretended to be mummies.) So I showed her some mummy costume pictures online. That changed her mind. So we looked at different costumes for about another week before she settled on a witch. Done.
Then I had a thought, "maybe I should try the Anna costume on Sammi just to make sure." After 3 different attempts, she was decidedly not going to wear the Anna costume. So with just a few days left, we started looking for a costume for Sammi. Luckily for me, she decided quickly on a Sofia the First dress that instantly became a regular dress up costume and has already needed to be sewn back together because she wears it so much.
This is also the first year we didn't do most of our trick or treating at a trunk or treat. I think I was more excited about it than anyone. Jake took the girls first around the inside circle in our neighborhood. I took the latter, 2nd circle. We were home by 7:30 but were the youngest family out walking the latest. Then about halfway through my loop I realized that while I was growing up and out trick or treating, we never knocked on doors and waited for an answer to say "trick or treat". We walked up to a door and yelled "TRICK OR TREAT" as loud as we could. After one yell, if there was no answer then we might knock. I began to wonder, what happened to that tradition? Was that just something our neighborhood did? All of the kids who came to our door knocked first.
The kids got a good amount of candy and because I am a bit of a candy nazi (they can only have 1-3 pieces a day and only if they ask, I don't remind them), they still have Halloween candy that is now mixed with Christmas candy.
I wish I had pictures available that I could use, but they are all on Jake's phone which I don't regularly have access to in order to retrieve pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment