Later she told me that when they play house, Colby and her pretend to be married. If you ask her about Colby, she just smiles and giggles. I told her not to tell her dad any of this (because he is a little over protected and very concerned about the safety of his daughter). He played the upset dad game very well, which made Ellie giggle even more.
This past week, I went on a field trip with the preschool. So did Colby's mom and I was able to meet her. I can't tell you how glad I am to know that Colby has been telling his mom the same things. I guess when Ellie told him we would be gone for Christmas (about 2 weeks), he mistook it that we were moving and told his mom, "Well I guess I can't marry Ellie then."
One of the other teachers told us that while Ellie and Colby were play "House" and pretending to get married, another friend in the class, a boy, said to them, "I am not playing that marriage game, ever."
Of course, Colby is just like any other boy. Sometimes Ellie is said when he just wants to play with the other kids or ignores her to play with the boys.
Seeing her with a crush makes me a little excited for what lies ahead bu also scares me with the emotional turmoil it will bring. But, hey, that's life right?
No comments:
Post a Comment