Additional Information

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ellie's 5th birthday

I guess with the holidays, the blog gets ignored. Yes, Ellie turned 5 years old. Because of her late birthday, she only just started preschool but has loved every day of it. Also, because it was her 5th birthday, she had to receive booster shots at her annual check up. She hated those and had stiff legs but she rode her bike to help ward off the stiffness. Based on the child growth charts, she is a tall (43" 73%), skinny girl (37 lbs 36%).

She has grown so much in the last year that it is hard to believe. She has started walking to friends' houses to play. She learned to ride a bike and to hula hoop. Ellie also loves to try new things. Sometimes she becomes discouraged quickly and other times nothing will stop her. She has been learning letter sounds and how to write those letters. She loves her sleep so hasn't completely given up taking naps but I feel that day will come all too quickly. 

Ellie is a wonderful girl. She is kind-hearted and tries to make friends with everyone. She is very curious about things and I encourage her to ask before trying stuff but there are plenty of time curiosity wins out before she can ask. Then she learns about dealing with consequences, like having to finish drinking punch with salt in it. 

I love watching her grow and learn. I love trying to see things the way that she does. I don't have any super good pics to go with this post because as I play and do things, I often forget to snap a picture. 

Happy super belated birthday Ellie. 

No comments: