Additional Information

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Tough Mudder Tahoe

We finally took a trip without the kids. Well, the past 2 trips without kids have both been for Tough Mudders. It was a good time anyway. Jake signed up for a Tough Mudder at Lake Tahoe. Not my preferred way to see Tahoe but you take what life gives you huh. We had a great time driving and staying with Jake's brother, his wife and her family. I love when other families make you feel like family. 

We arrived Friday night and enjoyed a wonderful dinner on the lake shore. The view was beautiful, the food good, and the company so awesome.  


The next morning we got up and ready to head to the Tough Mudder. The place Kristine's family booked was right next to the course so after enjoying breakfast and taking pictures, we walked to the beginning of the Tough Mudder maze.

I call it a maze because we had to stand in line for quite some time (that wound around the shops at Tahoe's ski resort) to check in. At which point we then rode a ski lift up to the starting line. If that doesn't tell you what the course would be like maybe fact of 2700 ft in elevation change over the entire route will. This was the busiest Mudder we have been to. It was part of there "Global Mudder: weekend.

Tons of people waited to start the race. This group just jumped in. I didn't get as many pics this time because I was using other people cameras and stuff but they all start to look the same after a while.
Devil's Beard

What the back of your shirt looks like after running through mud.

The finishers.
Since it was a big weekend, there were lots of extra booths and sponsors. Bic was giving haircuts. I actually think they wanted people to either go mohawk or shaved head for something they sponsored but they gave Jake a regular haircut.
You really trust someone cutting hair in a BIC tent?
We rode the gondola down and walked back to the condo. Cleaned up and got food. Tahoe is very pretty and very similar to Park City. The next morning we woke up and jumped in the car for a long drive home. Because of this trip, I really want to go back to Tahoe sometime to do things I enjoy doing; exploring, water skiing, hiking, adventuring. Maybe one day.

Thanks to Kristine's family for allowing us to tag along. We had such a great time. And thank you for mailing me my shoes after we forgot to pack them with the dirty clothes.

No comments: