Additional Information

Monday, March 5, 2012

She can be taught.

I had one of those proud mother moments yesterday during and after church. For Christmas, we gave Ellie a little hard book of simplified Book of Mormon stories. Normally when we read it, she is more excited about the camels, jungle trees and other pictures. In sacrament meeting, we pulled the book out to help keep her quiet and she turns to me and says, "Read about Lehi?" Why, yes we are.

Then after church, I was asking about what she learned in Nursery. When I showed her the picture she colored to remind her, she replied that was "Ellie's paper. E is for Ellie." Then I asked what the picture meant and she said, "Ellie is a child of God. And Gavin. And Kate." (Gavin and Kate are 2 of her friends.) Today I spoke with the nursery leader who said that's how they ended the lesson, by pointing to each child, saying their name and telling them they were a child of God.

She is learning. It was so nice to receive that reinforcement.

No comments: