A friend and I threw a welcome baby shower at my place for another friend. Here is what the table looked like. I made the chocolate, lemon, and lime sandwich cookies, filled with white chocolate and cream cheese frosting). I threw together the flowers in the vase using dish rags in the bottom. Also, I food a recipe for baby boy shower punch, which is blue with floating rubber ducks on top. I am very proud of my creative moments.
Last year, I bought a red heart on clearance after Valentines day not really knowing what I would do with it. Luckily this year I found a matching one during a sale and decided I didn't want just plain red hearts hanging up. You don't get a close up of what these really look like and I hoping no one notices the crappy job of painting. I still like the way they turned out.
A while back, when I started teaching myself to crochet, I bought a bunch of yarn for projects. Sadly as this one wasn't turning out like I thought, it was pushed aside. Recently I decided to finish it. No, we are pretty sure the baby is a girl so I am not sure what to do with the blanket for now but I like the way this turned out in the end. Just don't examine it too close.
FYI; crocheting blankets, even smallish baby ones, takes quite a while.
In addition to my crafts, I played mechanic and changed a burned out blinker on our car (which is quite tricky when you have to lay down on your back while 30 weeks pregnant to reach it). I have also worked as carpenter and handyman; changing Ellie's crib to a toddler bed, replacing weather strips around the front and garage doors to help keep the cold out, and replacing a missing screw in the rocker chair in Ellie's room.
I have felt fairly productive lately, can you tell?



No comments:
Post a Comment