Additional Information

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wizard's duel and squirrels

Two quick funny stories before I write about my mom's visit.

Monday evening, Ellie and I dropped my mom off at the airport to fly home after here visit. On the way home, I hear Ellie in the back seat making a sound like most kids when they pretend they have a magic wand or a lazer gun "pshoo". I have no idea what she is making the noise to, why she started making it, or what made her think of it. (She started making this noise without any help from anyone I know of one day when she found the empty aluminum foil roll in the recycle bin and acted like she was shooting me.)  So I pointed my finger over my shoulder and "pshoo"ed back at her.  This of course made her giggle. We did this for a few minutes when I decided to change the sound to other classic baby sounds of clicks, raspberries, zorbits, etc. This only made her laugh harder and "return fire", which also made her laugh again. Just going by sounds and the fact that I was pointing at her (who knows if she actually pointed back), I thought it sounded like a wizard's duel.

Then today at playground, it started to smell funny in the room. Upon closer inspection, 2 kids were messy; Ellie being one of them. So diapers were changed but we didn't want to leave the stinky diapers in the church not knowing when it was cleaned so we saved them to take out when we left. I offered to take both diapers back to the big dumpster.  Once I reached the dumpster, I had to lift the lid to put in the diapers.  Like any person would do, I lifted the lid and started to throw the diapers when a squirrel jumped out at me like a flying monkey and ran off to the nearest tree, squeaking the whole time. I nearly wet myself after almost having a heart attack. At first I thought maybe it had been shut in and was excited to be let out, but then I noticed a chewed hole between the two sides of the lid. I must have just startled it. Although, it seemed pretty mad to have been disturbed.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Both of those stories are awesome! They started my day on a good note!

Stefanie said...

BWAHAHAHA flying squirrels. I would have peed too!