Additional Information

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Grandma Wendy's Visit (day 3)

After so much activity, we left Friday for a low key day that had quite a bit of driving. We took off for the Mile High Marketplace.  I hoped things would be better than last time since it was later in the year and an exceptionally nice day.  Although it wasn't part of the plan, we ended up driving more than expected because I didn't grab the address before leaving and couldn't remember if it was off the 70 or the 76. About the time we realized it wasn't on the 70 was when I remembered that we had a book of Denver activities in the car and that would have the address.



Grandma Wendy, Ellie and Stanley at the Flea Market.
Sadly it wasn't any better. There were definitely more vendors and food available in the Farmer' Market but I think there were more garage sales and less shops open. I was mostly looking for shoes for Ellie again. My mom did find and buy a cute moose salt and pepper shaker set for us. It was nice to just walk around and enjoy the sun. 
After walking around, we drove home and left Ellie with Jake for a bit while mom and I went for our new favorite activity, pedicures. I really enjoy this little place by our house and even though I don't like touching feet, I have decided that once Jake is making a lot of money I will frequent salons for pedicures.

After we took off for dinner.  No one was really sure where to go, so we headed back up in the diection that we had come from and ended up at Ling and Louie's Asian Bar and Grill in Northfield. Ever since Stef's visit and seeing the menu item of "Evil Jungle Princess Beef", I have been interested in trying the dish that would warrant such a name.  I have since learned to read the dish description a little bit because although it wasn't terrible, I don't like curry so much and it was a peanut curry sauce. Other than that the food was good and the atmosphere fun.  Ellie really enjoyed eating edamame.

The night was still young but drawing closer to Ellie's bedtime so we went to one of Jake's favorite stores, Bass Pro Shops. My mom was looking for some Christmas ornaments that she saw at one in Vegas a while back but like most stores don't carry Christmas year round.  Ellie likes these types of stores as well because she can watch the fish and look at the animals on the walls while trying to make the sounds.

NOTE: Please let me know if you can imitate a giraffe or zebra because Ellie makes them baa or moo but other than "Crack-a-lackin" we aren't sure what sounds to teach her.
 
Our laugh for the night. Maybe someone needs to pay attention to lettering while folding shirts.
After wandering around until Ellie was exhausted, we headed for home. We didn't want to stay up too late because the next day was going to be our big adventure.

2 comments:

Dev and Calee said...

I have decided that once Jake is making a lot of money, I will go with you to get pedicures!

Stefanie said...

Ditto. Pedis for his favorite sister in law haha. Or maybe I should just marry a sugar daddy and get my own money. That works too.