Additional Information

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rough day!

Today has been a bit of a rough day. Ellie has decided that she is done eating baby food. Last Saturday we bought a few more jars because she was still eating it. At all three meals yesterday and this morning she would eat maybe 3 bites and then start waving her arms in front of her and yelling. If not quick enough, baby food would go flying. Now we have all these containers and she won't eat it.

This morning while I was cleaning up the clothes she pulled out of the laundry basket, I heard her wandering down the hall. Once I couldn't hear her anymore, I called out. Not getting an answer I knew she was in the bathroom. When I got in there, I saw her take a bite out of the toilet paper roll. I promise, she has plenty of fiber in her diet although you couldn't tell because she also eats the corners of the remaining card board boxes in our front room.

After bringing her back and closing the bathroom door, I got back to work. I hear her again take off down the hall. I know she isn't in the bathroom so I know she has gone back to the storage shelves to pull off the covered toilet paper rolls, tissue boxes, and anything else she can get her hands on to. (Can you tell she does this on a regular basis?) Unfortunately Jake also stores his pop cans on the shelf. Ellie can reach them but they are slightly over her head. I hear her grunt a little and then I hear a can hit the floor. Next came the scream of a child that was hurt somehow. I assumed it hit her toes and pinched them. A few minutes later I realized I was wrong. There is a small bruise forming on her cheek just below her eye.

She recovered quickly. Hopefully she'll leave the drinks alone from now on.

Ellie is trying to eliminate one of her naps. This only works for a day or two and then she is so tired she can't help but take 2 naps. Today she snuck a short 30 minute nap in the morning. Then we went for a walk. She has been a little stir crazy/cabin feverish since my mom left.

Once back from the walk, she emptied the laundry basket again as well as the Tupperware cupboard and the dish towel drawer.

Got to love that little girl.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Yah... I thought... what's wrong with people? Can't they clean their houses? I mean it's harder with kids but come on! Now I'm one of those that have 2-5 toddlers running around, getting everything out and never putting anything away... etc... Love it... And I'm a lot less judgemental now too.

Kristine Watterson said...

I forgot to call you back, what a loser I am!! I hope your walk was so good :) She deserves that bruise on account of her meddlin'...what a little scamp, I love that girl. (Even if she is half Jake, ew) She sounds like she is almost in full toddler mode!