Back on October 8th, we took our family Friday afternoon trip to the Old South Gaylord Street shops and Washington Park. The shops weren't that exciting. It was one block of shops down one street. There was a tandem bike shop and a consignment sports shop but other than that 1-2 art galleries and a few spas.
The park great though. It was a little cold that day but we got out and walked around some. The park appears larger than Liberty Park in Salt Lake. There are two separate gardens and two separate "lakes". (They are just large ponds like at Liberty only slightly bigger.) There were some awesome playgrounds though and Ellie is realizing how much she loves to be outside and play. She just wishes she were bigger so mommy will let her climb stairs and ride slides by herself.

I am trying to help Ellie climb through this tunnel. She wouldn't. Jake and I just took turns pushing her from one side to the other, which of course was fun enough for her.

I love tire swings. We did spin just a little. We weren't sure how much Ellie would like or could handle.

These were some of the crazy flowers we saw in one of the gardens. The other garden really looked like a vegetable garden at the end of the season.

Two or three different groups were wandering the garden taking pictures while we were there. The flowers were so great and diverse.

All through out were these little paths so that you could walk through. They were gorgeous. I wish I could take better pictures and had taken more to show off. Although it was a quiet day, it was for the best because Ellie and I were leaving for a great adventure the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment