Both girls have recently said things that I just don't even know how to react or how to respond to. Of course being a toddler, Sammi always says things that are funny, don't quite make sense, or whatever simply because she is learning to grasp the language. I can understand that. I try to re-phrase what she said making the proper corrections or ask for clarification so I can understand what she is trying to say. However most of the time, I just end up laughing because its just too funny.
Lately Sammi has been telling people, "You're not the most. Jesus is the most." Or similar variations along those lines. Every time it ends with Jesus is the most. I have no idea where she picked this up or learned it but with her goofy toddler accent (which you just have to hear). She sounds like an extreme bible thumping church goer. This makes me laugh almost every time, except when she yells this at someone in the grocery story trying to walk down the same aisle as us.
The other thing she says a bunch is "You're not a mean guy. You're a good guy." Then she proceeds to name everyone she knows as a good guy. "Jeff's not a mean guy. He's a good guy. Frampa's (who she says grandpa) not a mean guy. He's a good guy." She even includes her uncles who she shies away from in person. Again, poor strangers at the grocery store have been told they are bad or mean guys because they want to walk down the aisle. (Do you get the feeling she doesn't like strangers at grocery stores and I that I spend a lot of time apologizing to people because my child is extremely rude?)
As funny as these have been, it's something that Ellie said to me the other day that has me questioning where kids pick up these ideas or phrases. About a week ago, I was making a meal. Ellie was standing there talking with me and out of nowhere she says, "Mom, you won't be there when I get married. You'll be dead." I tried to ask why she thought that or what gave her that idea. Once she answered because I'll be older than grandmas. So I explained that both my grandma's were still alive when I was married and one of them is still alive. However, again she insisted that I wouldn't be at her wedding cause I would be dead. She said it a few more times. Not quite sure what to do or say to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment