We signed up for a service and agreed to a 12 month contract with 12 months of a promotional price. This month the bill went up (and we've lived in our place for a year) so contract and promotional price over right? Wrong!
After chatting with 2 people and having 2 different phone conversations with people from 2 different departments, this is what I learned. According to the company, the promo pricing ended with the bill that started at the end of Jan. This makes sense because they bill a month in advance (so the end of January bill covered the month of February). This bill is for the 13th month, however the contract and the promo pricing are still on the account until next week. Because of this, they can't cancel the contract or give new promo pricing until next week when that information "falls off the system" so I will need to call back next week to change the contract, try for new promo pricing, and try for a credit for the bill they are going to auto-deduct from my account even though I cancelled auto-pay (because they won't guarantee the auto-pay won't pull the money if you already received your bill).
What bothers me:
- Not a single person, of the three I spoke with about my questions, seemed to understand (or if they did, they no longer cared) that if the pricing was for 12 months and the contract were for 12 months why did the pricing end last month but the contract is in force until next week? Why if the promo pricing was still on the account (it won't "fall off" until next week), why wasn't in affect for the price of the services? If the contract was over, why couldn't changes be made simply because there was information just sitting and doing nothing on my account?
- How is it that people who work there haven't ever questioned this so they can best deal with customer who are going through this issue? I was always trying understand and learn how or why things worked the way they did. I felt it helped me to know how to explain things to customers or work out solutions that worked best for both sides.
- This company built they're system this way and the underlings don't have codes or control to do or change anything. It seems as though it were built in such a way that would cause extra work for both the employees and the customers just so that when people aren't paying attention to their account, they can make some extra bucks.
Is my logic wrong here? Am I the one who doesn't understand?
No comments:
Post a Comment