Additional Information

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Season of Giving

Lately I have felt a great desire to give and donate towards a good cause. I'm not sure what the trigger was but I have really just wanted to buy stuff to give away for those in true need. So I did a little research and found some websites with good information about donations they accept or ways to volunteers. Most of these even go on year round.

Candy Cane Corner and their wish list this season. I hear this place is great because you tour the facility when you drop off your donation.
Primary Children's Hospital is always looking for items to help children and their families who have extended stays.
The Road Home takes care of homeless families.
United Way has tons of resources for volunteering throughout the community.
Utah Food Bank
Also, many hospitals and first responders accept new or gently used stuffed animals to give to children involved in a trauma.

I like these because they are simple for an individual or great for larger groups.

Please let me know of any other places or ideas you know of or like to donate to.

No comments: