Additional Information

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Having fun at home

After such a good time visiting family, I was a little worried about how to keep Ellie entertained being back at home. But I shouldn't have. We know how to have a good time.

About a week and a half ago, it snowed. Since this was the first snow (even while in Utah) that we could play in, we took advantage. I had mentioned it to Ellie earlier in the day and it was all she talked about. She even woke up from her nap excited and running to put snow clothes on.
All bundled up and ready to go.

Not quite sure where to go or what to do.
She walked on the sidewalk for a while like we were just walking around the neighborhood. Then I showed her she could walk in the snow, kick it, throw it, jump in it, etc. Some of those ideas took her a little longer to get used to doing but she shortly became a pro.

I showed her how to make a snow angel but she was hesitant about laying down in the snow. She really liked kicking it and watching the snow fly every where. 
Yes, I had to push my child down so she would lay down for a snow angel.

Mommy and Ellie snow angels.
While out there, we saw some neighbors (a mom and little girl) and walked over to say hi and let the kids play. At that time, we realized we were in the same ward. It was kind of a shock but its nice to know someone lives that close. The girls had a blast. Finally after about an hour of playing, I made Ellie come inside so I could make dinner but also warm up her hands (if you notice in the first picture, she only has those cheap knit gloves. She wouldn't let me try on or buy any others.) By the time we walked across the street, she started to feel/not feel how cold her fingers were and cried. It was so sad but I got some good cuddles because of it and now maybe I can buy real gloves.

A few days later, we were being artists and I turned on some music. Ellie loves to dance and she learned about this song from my brother and sister while getting ready during our visit to Utah. This never ceases to make me laugh.

No comments: