Additional Information

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Catch-up

I guess I should do my Christmas catch-up and quit being so lazy.

Since the previous cookies were eaten before they received decor, we made more. Ellie and daddy had so much fun decorating them.

The cookie Ellie made all by herself. No help from mommy.

How they turned out. Can you tell who decorated which ones?
Shortly after that, we left for Utah. This was Ellie and daddy's first flight together and it was a late flight, but Ellie is a pro and there were no problems.

One night we did some more decorating with Annie and her kids at Grandma Wendy's house.


At Grandma Connie's house, Ellie and Becca were inseparable.

Can you tell the girls apart from this angle?
Did you know that bowls make excellent hats?
We had lots of fun. One night was the Jensen family party, which was nice to not have on Christmas day so it could be less stressful. Then for Christmas Eve, we went over to my Uncle Dale and Aunt Becky's place. We were also over there 2 years ago when Ellie played the baby Jesus in our nativity. I realized I have some very talented cousins and some not so talented siblings.

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with the Watterson's. Ellie slept in and didn't realize there were presents so she waited until we were done with church before opening anything. We didn't mind either. 
Can you see how excited she was for her new toys?
She loved unwrapping gifts, even if they were for mommy.
Christmas was so nice and easy going. Family just wandered in and out at the Watterson's. Food was always available for snacking and there were naps.

Uncle Rob and Hayley napping.
After that we headed down to the Gledhill's for a nice dinner and more presents and cousins.
This Christmas was so relaxing and slow paced that it was easy to enjoy the day and really enjoy the company.

With Christmas over, all that was left was spending Christmas cash and gift cards, and hanging out with family. We spent some time at the mall, went to see the lights (don't have any of my own pictures because I left my camera at home), and just loved being near family.

Silly girls at the mall, pretending to read books.

The kids were really tired out after a long day shopping.
My apologies to all our friends who live in the Salt Lake area. I had wanted to make plans and visit but with family things, the holidays, and buying a replacement vehicle, there just wasn't time. I love reading your blogs, seeing pics and updates on facebook, and/or receiving Christmas cards. I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays as well.

No comments: