Additional Information

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ellie's funny sayings...

Just a quick post to let you know that we are still alive...and for those of you who have heard what we have been through in the past 2 weeks, this is a miracle. More on this later.
Ellie is talking more and more and most days says the funniest things. Usually when Jake gets home from work or school, she will try to tell him what she saw on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse that morning. I end up translating half of it because some words aren't that great and her sentence structure is terrible. "Boo-boo chicken in basket. Donald, bob-boo chicken basket. funny"
Our hardest task lately has been trying to buy Ellie some new shoes, specifically ones more for winter (aka not flop-flops or sandals). When we suggest trying on shoes Ellie would say, "No shoes. I have shoes. No shoes. I have white shoes." Then a 2-year old fit would ensue.
At dinner the other night, I was trying to help Ellie eat her dinner. She had some noodles on her plate so to convince her I really would eat them, not just pretend to, I put a bite in my mouth. Next I hear, "No mommy. Spit it. Spit it" She even put her hand under my mouth. Once I opened my mouth and showed her I ate them, she simply said ok.

Recently I asked Ellie why she was so cute and she replied, "Mommy cute." So Jake asks, "Is daddy cute?" To which Ellie stated, "No, Ellie cute."

Ha ha. Kids.

My favorite saying lately has been, "Mommy, I cuddle you." Of course, with family visiting lately this has also been "daddy", "grandma", "poppy", etc.

1 comment:

rozanny said...

My Sammy did something like that with his shoes! He only liked his "Blue Shoes"... so we just kept buying the next size up until they didn't make that kind anymore... than we went to the shoe store and pulled out 10 different pairs of shoes and lined them all up and made a game of trying them all on. By the time we finished with the 10 pairs he wanted to keep trying them on... and finally got the idea that it's okay to have different shoes.