Additional Information

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A movin and a shakin

Ellie has really made me laugh lately. She doesn't like to roll over that much so she only does it when she wants to (usually when she doesn't think anyone is watching). I haven't been to worried because I see her roll at least once a week. Recently she has stopped even pretending to roll over because she has figured out how to scoot backwards. Yes backwards.

I believe it comes from the fact that she also discovered how to work her bouncy chair. She has been sitting in it for quite some time now but never would really bounce. I sometimes would even try to bounce her by pushing down on it, but she would just pick up her feet. Well, the other night I sat her down in the bouncy chair and turned to walk down the hall when I saw out of the corner of my eye, she was bouncing and she was bouncing out of control. From that moment on, Ellie is the biggest maniac when in her bouncy chair. It cracks me up.


Shortly after discovering bouncing, she started wiggling her legs, while she was sitting, like she was bouncing. Soon she was doing it while lying down and this combined with pushing with her arms causes her to scoot backwards.
Now don't think I am a mean mom for this but sometimes when she is feeling needy (which is a lot lately because she has one tooth in!) and she is lying on her stomach, she starts to scoot back. Seeing that I am moving farther away, she starts to cry. So she is lying on her stomach, scooting backwards farther and farther away from me but crying the whole time. So I giggle and tell her to come forward or wait until I am finished doing my make up or hair. (This usually happens in the morning while I am getting ready for work and she is hanging out in the bathroom with me.

She loves hanging out with me while I get ready.



1 comment:

Kristine Watterson said...

She's sure a cute little widget! I love seeing the pictures of her :)