Additional Information

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sammi at 18 months

Kids grow up so fast. I thought Ellie always acted to old for her age just because she was trying to be like me since I was the person around the most but Sammi is always trying to be like Ellie and therefore trying to act like she is older than she really is. 

Sammi turned 1 year and a half last month. I am just behind. She weighs 25 lbs 12 oz and 33 inches tall. So tall and slender for her age. She talks a ton. The doctor asked if she said at least 5-6 words and at the time I said more like 75-100. Now only a month later she is starting to form sentences. but for as many words as she knows, we can't get here to say "Sophie" or Grandma (or any version of grandma). Sophie is just doggie while all other dogs have names; like Bella or Baxter. Grandma is always mama, mommy, dada, or poppy. Even when I try to teach her grandma, like saying "g, g, g, gama." Sammi replies with, "g, g, g, poppy." 

Trying on Halloween hats
 Sammi can be the sweetest thing in some moments and quite rough and monster like in others. Although Ellie has never been violent towards Sammi (as far as we have seen), Sammi hits and pulls hair quite regularly. The doctor suggested we put "bear" in time out if we start having too big of problems as time out doesn't seem to deter the actions.

Sammi loves her mommy and is just starting to overcome separation anxiety problems. For a while it was so bad that if I wasn't home to help get her ready for bed and put her down, it took me a week to get her sleeping through the night again. She really seems to be doing better.
Ellie has a bike so I get her scooter. 
Sammi loves to help almost as much as Ellie does. She has learned to put her bottles in the sink and diapers in the garbage. For a few weeks, she would confuse the two locations which made for interesting surprises. 

Sammi is very expressive. The following video is a little long but I just had to record because this is a typical dinner with the facial expressions and all. Please ignore the shaking that takes places because I am laughing too hard. 


I love having Sammi around. She is so different from Ellie but I love them both so much. The energy and differences she brings to the family make it feel that much more complete.

No comments: