Seven years is a long time. Some days it feels like an eternity but then I remember, "Wait, we still have an eternity. This is nothing." It's amazing how an eternity can put a marriage into perspective. So what have we done in 7 years?
- Bought 3 cars, sold 2. Currently own (free and clear) two.
- Graduated with 2 bachelors degrees and almost completed 3 years of law school (only finals and the BAR left).
- Had 2 beautiful little girls who are the funniest kids on the planet (but we aren't biased here.)
- Lived at 5 different addresses and in 2 states (Utah and Colorado).
That's just the major stuff. We still love each other. We still annoy each other. We still fight and still make up. We still talk about important things and stupid things. I guess if we can still do these things and continue doing them, we will be just fine no matter what life throws at us.
I'm glad I married my best friend. I am grateful that we have eternity together and even more grateful that one day we won't have to deal with the trials and hardships that this mortal life brings. And despite our occasional disagreements, I love Jake more and more everyday. Here's to an additional 7 times 77 years.

1 comment:
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment