Additional Information

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jake made a mess.

I know what you're thinking. Emily never blogs about Jake. But alas, I am and that's because he did something that didn't involve the kids (in which case it would be about them) or law school. He participated in the 10k Dirty Dash. This is because he has been training, along with his brothers and way awesome sister-in-law, to participate in the Tough Mudder.
 
Sammi and I tagged along to take pictures while Ellie stayed and played with her cousins. This is how they looked before the race.
 
Notice the white shirt. FYI, not a good choice for this activity.
 After running, walking, climbing obstacles, and sliding down a slide, this is what they finished looking like.
How they ended up with clean thighs while Jake's is caked in mud, I don't know?
 It sounds like it was a great challenge and a lot of fun to do. The day was warm-ish but the water quite chilly since this is run at Soldier's Hollow. So how do you clean off the mud? Pay $6 cash for warm showers or a power wash or use the traditional shower.
I love the guy in the towel. Any guesses if he has clothes on under?
 We did learn that it is best to wear something that will set you apart from the crowd. It was hard to locate them for pictures along the course. There are a few of Rob and Kristine on their blog. I think they had a good time and learned a little about themselves. Mostly I think they felt better about running the Tough Mudder.
Official picture from Dirty Dash
I know some of you are thinking, "How did you ever get that white shirt clean?" The answer is we didn't. It still has a slight brown twinge in it.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Dang it! My hubby did it too... what do you bet that we passed each other by?!

Kristine Watterson said...

I was JUST going to say that you never blog about Jake, HA! You are silly and cute ;)
We love Emily!