Additional Information

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Grandma Wendy's visit

Most of my mom's visit this time wasn't so much of a vacation as it was to take care of me and my family (which I am so grateful for). And although we didn't do a lot of stuff, we did go out a few times.

Grandma was great at walking Ellie to the park to play so that I could have some time to relax. One day we drove to a nearby park that has a giant slide.

This slide is longer and steeper than this picture shows.


 Another day, we drove near the mountains (because Ellie had been asking to go for weeks). There is a "Point of Geological Interest" that I had wondered about for quite a while. Turns out, there are dinosaur foot prints along with some learning activities. So we stopped by to play, learn, and eat lunch.
Digging for dinosaur bones.

Look at me. I'm a squirrel.
It was so fun to have Grandma Wendy around but eventually she had to head home. Ellie was quite sad (as was I) when we dropped her off at the airport. Although Ellie was having a hard time understanding that Grandma was leaving on an airplane to head back to Utah. She told me to wait so Grandma could get back in the car or that we would see her when we got home. We love having Grandma around to help and to play with. 

No comments: