Additional Information

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Cookies

Since the Holiday season is all about eating treats, Ellie and I decided to make some the other day. Cookies are definitely something she can help with as opposed to caramels, chocolate caramel pretzels, etc. So we put on our matching aprons (Christmas gift from last year), and made cookies.
Making the sugar cookie dough.
Ellie was a great help except that every time I turned my back she would try to take a beater, the spatula, etc out of the bowl to lick it. I guess she does belong in our family. 
Dough ready for the fridge.
The dough was rolled out and cut into cookies (snowmen, little boys, and moose aka reindeer) but I don't have any pictures because Ellie needed lots of help cutting the cookies or else we ended up with little finger marks. Also, they never got decorated. I didn't want to attempt that without Jake's help and since Jake loves sugar cookies, he helped Ellie finish eating the cookies before they were even frosted. Maybe next time. 

2 comments:

rozanny said...

She's so cute!

Kristine Watterson said...

Who needs frosting!! Looks like fun, she is sure getting big...time is flying!