Additional Information

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Calling

Why do people always wait to give you good advice until after something happens? I was called as the 2nd Counselor in the Primary Presidency for our ward. After my wonderful sister says, "That's why you don't work hard and do a good job in the nursery." 

The interesting thing is because our ward is so close to the University of Denver, there are a lot of young transitioning couples and empty nesters. There aren't too many middle ground families so even though there are 2 wards (with separate classes for all the adults) there aren't enough kids to have separate classes for them. That complicates a few things when trying to organize cub scouts, activity days, and baptisms.

I think this calling does have a great benefit that I didn't realize before. Our bishop has asked that someone from the primary presidency attend Sunday morning meetings. So I trade off with the other counselor but have to make sure it is opposite of when Jake is supposed to be attending the meetings (so one of us can be with Ellie). The benefit; on those mornings when I am at the meeting, Jake is the one to shower Ellie and himself, dress both of them, feed both of them and then make sure Ellie's bag is packed for church. I come home from the meeting, do Ellie's hair, pick them up, and head back for church.

So far, I am enjoying the calling.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

So how is daddy getting Ellie ready Sundays going?