Additional Information

Monday, August 30, 2010

The big move

I hate moving. Actually it isn't the moving part that I hate, so much as it is the packing part I hate. Certain things can be packed together (kitchen stuff, linen closet, etc) but towards the end I always seem to end up with random junk boxes full of things that I need but they didn't fit in the box with the other stuff or I guess I might need it but it never really had a set place. Luckily for Jake, he wasn't around during the packing stage of the move. Then again, he was only here for half of the moving part also.

Before you react too harsh towards Jake, he and his brothers did start planning this Alaska fishing trip about 2 years ago. It just happened to fall the week before law school started.

We started moving a portion of our stuff to Jake's parents' house for storage; items we could survive without for the next little bit. If you ever try this, it really is amazing how much stuff you find out you can live without. We moved this stuff on Friday August 6th and then Jake flew out to Alaska the next day.

Luckily with the help of my family and Connie, we managed to pack a good majority of our stuff. Jake flew in Sunday the 15th in the morning with enough time to take a nap, grab a few items, and drive to Denver. The next day was moving day for me (in Sandy) and the start of classes for Jake (in Denver). With even more help from family, all of our stuff was packed into the truck and by 4:00 pm, my mom and dad, Jeff, Ellie and I were on the road.

The drive to Denver isn't that bad. My dad and Jeff drove the moving truck while towing the car and my mom, Ellie and I drive in my parents' Expedition. The drive took a little longer than we thought, I'm sure because of dinner, diaper change, gas stops, etc. We did stop in Cheyenne for the night and rolled into Denver about 11:00 on Tuesday. We unpacked the entire truck and my family was back on the road again (so they could hurry home to help my sister Annie move) by about 3:00.

Most of the boxes have been emptied. There are the last random stuff boxes and decor boxes that remain, but the end is in sight. YA!!

1 comment:

Robster said...

glad you made it there ok. I reserve the right to think harsh things about jake because he is shloppy. Hope colorado sucks so you guys can move back soon, we miss you guys already.